On 1 August 1988 the company Wenkem SA was founded by a group of well-known people in the chemical industry, including executive chairman at the time, Mr Willem van der Merwe.
The company’s aim was to provide unlimited opportunities for the farmer, entrepreneur and businessman. At that point Wenkem was the sole distributor of a range of Crop Protection
products with its own identity in exclusive areas.
After 25 years, Wenkem is still privileged to have a leadership position in the market in the distribution of a full range of Crop Protection products in South Africa and some
neighbouring countries. At that time the company started with only nine founding members and during the past 25 years has grown to more than 100 agricultural chemical agents who respectively
operate from ±73 depots in all nine provinces.
Quality crop protection products from the suppliers was and still is the basis for continued growth of the company, particularly with regard to personal interaction between
the customer, agent, product supplier and Wenkem team.
Therefore the company values the importance of every role player at the highest level, because that is the reason for Wenkem’s progress and success to date.
To be the leading supplier of high quality and value adding crop protection solutions (i.e. crop protection products plus supporting services) to the farming fraternity in
Southern Africa through a dedicated network of suppliers and associated sales agents.
- Paul du Toit, our Financial Director, who joined the company in 1999.
- Johan Hyman, our Managing Director, who joined the company January 2015.
- Peter Zeier, our Technical Director, who’s been with the company since September 2010.
- Thys van Lingen, Regional Manager - North. Joined the company in August 2018.
- Hardus Jansen van Vuuren, our Southern Regional Manager in the Western Cape and Orange River area since March 2012.
- Olivier Slabbert, our Central Regional Manager in Gauteng, Free State, Mpumalanga, North West and the Northern Cape, who’s been with the company since January 2013.
Thys van Lingen
Hardus Jansen van Vuuren
Regional Manager -
Paul du Toit
Administrative & Financial Staff
Thespinn de Klerk
Christa Holtzhausen – KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and Swaziland
Marie van Wyk – Gauteng, Free State, Mpumalanga, North West and Northern Cape
Karel Schutte – Eastern Cape, Northern Cape and Western Cape
Stock and System controllers
Jana Nel – Eastern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Northern Cape and Western Cape
Theresa Koen - Gauteng, Free State, Mpumalanga, North West and Northern Cape
Transito Depot Administrators
Lydia Klopper – Megafreight
Magda Coetzee - Paarl
Marinda Lombaard - Port Elizabeth
Business Support Officer
Petrus Roets - Wentek Chemicals (PTY) LTD
What makes us different
- A National distribution network of more than 100 qualified sales representatives operating out of ±73 depots countrywide
- Strong relationships with well-established suppliers.
- Visionary team and strong management.
- A personal relationship with our customers.
- A competitive product range.
- Supporting and on-time delivery service.
- Years of expertise and well established.
- Knowledge and experience.
- Loyal and committed staff.
Our customers are the Farmer, the Entrepreneur, the Businessman - the major food supplier for everyone.